Sunday, May 12, 2013

Vector Text Effect

Blogging assignment #5

Here I am again doing the text effect but this is more challenging than the ones I have done in the Adobe Photoshop. Illustrator for me is much complex  to use. Though I have fun doing it with the occasional frustrations on tools but I enjoyed doing this.

 This one is the gummy text effect this looks so simple but I have taken much time to carefully do the effects. I got its tutorial in this link: http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/text-effects/quick-tip-how-to-create-a-gummy-text-effect/.  Well the tool mainly here is using the pathfinder,the clipping mask and the appearance panel. First I have to get the tidal font then type the words I wanted then I went to object to expand option, to make into a shape. Then I duplicate it many times, subtract it. The thing I did to not    damage the original text was to lock its path though it tiring for me to turn it of and on  but It will help you not to go frustrated in ruining the original text. I could save you from doing the whole thing all over again.

This one is my favorite because its cute and I like the heart above the eye and the crown I made. Though I did it all over again because the first time I tried it I was frustrated. So I rest a day and did the first one above this text the gummy text which helped me a lot because I discovered some tools that I have to use is like the gummy text well in fact the cake frosting text was to be done first than the gummy text so that I wouldn't have the hard time doing the gummy text but I think my brain works a little different I started on the hard effect rather than the easy one. The tools that I use are heart breaker font, the pathfinder, appearance menu. Just like the gummy effect first I have to expand the text then duplicate, occasionally subtract the shape in the pathfinder menu to create a 3D like effect then add blur effects until you finish the whole tutorial.

The things I learned were to patiently read the instruction and not just to look at the picture on the tutorials because sometimes there are instructions that are not mentioned in the pictures of the tutorials.I learned how to useful the lock path option when doing text effects. You have to understand the instructions well, don't argue with the instructions as if you know how to use the program expertly.It could save you fro frustrations on unsatisfied works. 

Ciao~ Untill next time ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment