Sunday, May 12, 2013

Logo Design

Blogging Assignment #4

Logo Design

 Our professor gave us the task to do 3 logo designs. However I found myself dried up of  all those "artistic juices" as our prof likes to call our creativity. It was like I was sitting in my desk starring at my blank sketchpad for hours just to make my brain work to give me some interesting designs. So I researched the things that I want, things that catches my interest.

So I came to have these 3 logo studies. First I have to sketch them.




 These logo studies is for a digital producer company, since I like arts, movies and animations, I decided to create logos like this. The first one fro the left is some shapes forming "i P" the initials of my name. It is a brand mark logo. The Second one is a word mark logo for Iris Palivino works. Lastly the third one for a combination mark logo. After I sketched these studies, I proceeded to line art and color these logos in Adobe Illustrator.

Since I'm not used in using Adobe Illustrator, I had a little hard time doing the line art. I tend to get confused which is which and where is the tools that I need. But somehow I manage to do it.

These are the results.




This one is a little not so clear, I hesitated in moving the circle further to create a P which I totally regret it now. I came up with this by having four rectangle shapes, three vertical ones, one horizontal,a square and two circles. First I arrange the shapes in forming the letter I, and the line for P then I went to windows>pathfinder>then click the add option, in the arc of the letter P, I added two circles over each other then clicked the subtract button in the pathfinder menu. 

 This one is my personal favorite. Because I love the cursive style of writing ever since. I decided to make a signature like word mark. First I sketched it, then I layout it using the pen tool then I explored whatever stroke the pen tool offered. I had fun doing this unlike the other two logos.


This one is pretty much hard to do, First I trace the eye like drawing then, next thing I did was to trace the sunrise like eye pupils since my name is Iris like one of the part of the eye then next thing was the hardest was doing the rays of the sun like aligning it, scaling it until it looks like the rays of the sun. I took me an hour to do that and it frustrated me to no end by the time I have work with the silhouette i found myself dried out again of the artistic juices and didn't pay attention to details, lastly the words in the logo was bit frustrating the wrap was not write and the font needs to improve. Looks like I need to practice how to choose fonts and wrap text.  

What I  learned in doing this activity is that patience is a virtue as a doing logo needs a lot of patience for a logo to be presentable if not above others. You should have a clear thought of what you want to express because it will reflect in your logo. A logo that reflects what the owner or the company wants to express is a successful logo. next one is the most important if those creativeness runs out take a break and look for something that inspires you or just rest your body and brain from thinking and doing the task because it you continue doing the task with resentment and frustration the outcome will be not so pleasing that you will regret it what the outcome looks like. Well Practice makes perfect that's is why I need to practice to improve my skills on this department of doing logos and using Ai.


Ciao, Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment